Work Related Injury
When a worker has been injured in an on-the-job accident or due to an occupational disease, he or she is entitled to benefits under Georgia law, including medical treatment, lost wages, compensation for a permanent or partial disability, job retraining and job placement. Our firm is skilled in this highly technical area of the law, which has become more complicated in recent years with the influx of private insurance carriers. We are able to assist injured workers from claim acceptance to claim re-opening to obtain the benefits they deserve.
The Workers' Compensation Act entitles a person to benefits for injuries, occupational diseases or death on the job. Some of the benefits victims are entitled to are:
- Payment of medical expenses, including mileage to and from medical appointments
- Prescription reimbursement
- Two-thirds of your weekly wage, up to a maximum, while you are unable to work and are off work
- A disfigurement award for visible scars and burns under certain circumstances
- A money award to pay you for permanent injury
- Penalties if the workers' compensation carrier does not follow certain rules
If you have been injured on the job and need a worker's compensation attorney please call or email the personal injury lawyers at Lasky Cooper Law.